Hood View Chiropractic Offers Quick And Easy CDL Physical Exams
Commercial driver’s license holders are among the employees that are marked as “safety-sensitive” by the Department of Transportation. This means that, because the job of a CDL holder can impact both his safety and the safety of the general public, CDL holders must have regular physicals to be compliant and to keep working.
Hood View Chiropractic offers quick and easy CDL physical exams. We make the process of getting a CDL physical exam convenient and efficient, so you can get back on the job.
What Does A CDL Physical Exam Test?
The areas covered by a CDL physical exam include:
CDL holders must have at least 20/40 acuity in each eye with or without correction. Additionally, CDL holders are required to have at least 70” peripheral in the horizontal meridian, measured in each eye.
The hearing requirements for a CDL holder include being able to perceive what is known as a “forced whisper” at a distance of 5ft or less, with or without a hearing aid. This standard equates to an average hearing loss in the better ear of less than 40 dB.
During a CDL physical exam, drivers will have blood pressure and pulse tested to look for high blood pressure and irregular heartbeats.
A urinalysis is a test that looks for indications of underlying medical conditions such as diabetes and is required.
The general physical exam will include many different categories, such as:
- General appearance
- Eyes (cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, etc.)
- Ears (scarring of the tympanic membrane, perforated eardrums, etc.)
- Mouth and throat (to look for problems breathing or swallowing)
- Heart (murmurs, extra sounds, pacemaker, etc.)
- Lungs and chest, not including breast examination (abnormal breathing, impaired respiratory functions, cyanosis, etc.)
- Abdomen and Viscera (enlarged liver, viscera, muscle weakness)
- Vascular (abnormal pulse, carotid, varicose veins)
- Genito-urinary (hernias)
- Extremities (limb impaired)
- Spine, other musculoskeletal (previous surgery, limitation of motion, tenderness, etc.)
- Neurological (impaired equilibrium, coordination or speech pattern, ataxia, asymmetric deep tendon reflexes)
Visit Hood View Chiropractic For Quick, Easy, Professional CDL Physical Exams
Gresham members can rely on Hood View Chiropractic for professional, experienced care. Whether you need a DOT medical exam, chiropractic care massage therapy, or other health and wellness services in the Gresham area, a visit to Hood View Chiropractic means you are in capable and caring hands. The team at Hood View Chiropractic is knowledgeable and dedicated to improving and maintaining your best health. We urge you to contact us or call us today at (503) 669-1966. We are proud to serve the Gresham area and are eager to help you live a life that is pain-free and stress-free.
Dr. Amy Hanson, D.C., is a chiropractic physician at Hood View Chiropractic in Gresham. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Western States in 2012 with a prior undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Zoology from North Dakota State University, after which she moved to Oregon to pursue her chiropractic degree. Dr. Hanson is a certified medical examiner for DOT CDL/CLP medical exams.
Hood View Chiropractic. Health by hand.