Hood View Chiropractic Helps You Relieve Tension Headaches
Hood View Chiropractic offers Gresham clients top-notch chiropractic care. Chiropractic care is all about keeping your body in a healthy alignment to relieve tension and pain. However, there are some things you can do at home to relieve pain, such as tension headaches. Tensions headaches are often the result of stress, repetitive activities, and/or poor posture. There are certain activities that even make it more likely for you to have a tension headache, such as:
- Constantly looking down at your cell phone
- Working at a computer for extended periods
- Driving for hours without rest
- Playing video games for hours
- Clenching your jaw at night or during the day
- Sleeping on your stomach
These activities overstretch the muscles on the back of your neck and weaken them, increasing your susceptibility to tension headaches. Trying to limit these activities where possible can help reduce tension headaches.
How To Manage Tension Headaches
If you’re prone to tension headaches, there are a few adjustments you can make to avoid them.
- Minimize stress. Try to avoid or limit stressful events.
- Take breaks. Limit the time you spend looking down at your phone. Take breaks on long drives.
- Adjust the way you sleep. Try sleeping on your back or on your side with a body pillow and your neck in a neutral posture.
- Exercise and stretch. Use a therapy cane or a hard therapy ball to massage out or stretch your neck and shoulder muscles.
- Use over-the-counter medicines. Aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen can be quite effective for episodic tension headaches.
- Consider drug-free treatment. Try massage therapy, chiropractic treatment, physical therapy or acupuncture.
- See a dentist. If you’re clenching your jaw and getting headaches, look for a dentist who is knowledgeable about temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome. Getting a mouthguard can reduce tension and pain.
Hood View Chiropractic Brings Gresham Health By Hand
Gresham patients can rely on Hood View Chiropractic for professional, experienced care. Whether you need chiropractic care, massage therapy, or one of our other services, a visit to Hood View Chiropractic means you are in the most caring and capable hands. The team at Hood View Chiropractic is experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain your best health. We are proud to serve the Gresham area and are eager to help you live pain-free and stress-free. Contact us or call us today at (503) 669-1966.
Hood View Chiropractic. We bring you health by hand.