Hood View Chiropractic Helps Gresham Patients Get A Healthy Posture
One of the most important things for preventing neck and back pain is to maintain a good posture. Your posture is the position in which we hold our bodies while standing, sitting, or lying down. In order to have good posture, Gresham patients need to correctly align their body parts so that they are supported by the right amount of muscle tension against gravity.
Reasons Why Good Posture Is Important
Maintaining good posture is crucial to many aspects of our lives. Gresham patients will find that good posture helps us stand, walk, sit, and lie in positions that place the least strain on supporting muscles and ligaments during movement and weight-bearing activities.
Here are some reasons good posture is important:
- Good posture helps us keep bones and joints in correct alignment so that our muscles are used correctly, decreasing the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in degenerative arthritis and joint pain.
- Good posture reduces the stress on the ligaments holding the spinal joints together, minimizing the likelihood of injury.
- Good posture allows muscles to work more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy and, therefore, preventing muscle fatigue.
- Good posture helps prevent muscle strain, overuse disorders, and even back and muscular pain.
Chiropractic Advice On How To Sit Properly
- Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don’t reach the floor.
- Don’t cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
- Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
- Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
- Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
Hood View Chiropractic Brings Gresham Health By Hand
Gresham patients can rely on Hood View Chiropractic for professional, experienced care. Whether you need chiropractic care, massage therapy, or one of our other services, a visit to Hood View Chiropractic means you are in capable and caring hands. The team at Hood View Chiropractic is experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain your best health. We are proud to serve the Gresham area and are eager to help you live life, pain-free and stress-free. Contact us or call us today at (503) 669-1966.
Hood View Chiropractic. We bring you health by hand.