Professional, Quick, and Easy CDL Exams Available at Hood View Chiropractic
According to the Department of Transportation, employees who hold commercial driver’s licenses have “safety-sensitive” jobs. This means that these types of jobs are of the nature in which the duties and performance of an employee could impact the safety of both themselves and others around them. For this reason, both getting and maintaining a commercial driver’s license (CDL) comes with strict requirements.
Hood View Chiropractic offers quick and easy CDL/CLP medical exams and physicals to commercial driver’s license holders. When you schedule your DOT physical in Gresham with Hood View Chiropractic, you will be given a prompt, yet thorough medical examination by a certified medical examiner. Upon completion of the exam, you will receive a medical examination certificate if all physical requirements have been met.
What Else is Required of CDL Holders?
The process of making sure your commercial driver’s license remains up to date doesn’t stop once you’ve completed your CDL exam. You must go through the proper avenues and present the right paperwork to make sure your commercial driver’s license is still valid.
To Maintain a Commercial Driver’s License, CDL Holders Are Required By Law To:
- Submit a copy of a new Medical Examiner’s Certificate to DMV before the previous certificate expires.
- Make sure the copy of the certificate is complete and readable.
- Take responsibility for knowing when your Medical Examiner’s Certificate will expire.
- It may take up to 10 business days for your Medical Examiner’s Certificate to be added to your driving record.
- Under federal law, you must carry the Medical Examiner’s Certificate for up to 15 days as proof of commercial driver license or commercial learner permit medical qualification. This allows time for your medical examiner’s certificate to be entered on your driving record.
What You Will Need To Get and Maintain a CDL
- Firstly, motorists must possess or obtain a non-commercial, regular driver license. Oregon CDL applicants must have at least one year of non-professional driving experience in a non-commercial vehicle.
- All applicants must also provide proof of identification, and successfully complete the CDL general knowledge test.
- Additionally, drivers must successfully complete CDL class tests before passing a vision screening.
- Furthermore, drivers must possess a valid medical card or waiver in order to pass the CDL driver test.
- Each driver must also provide payment of testing and issuance fees.
Need To Know More About CDL Requirements? Curious About the CDL Exam Process?
Hood View Chiropractic offers quick and easy DOT physical to Gresham patients with commercial driver’s licenses requirements. Visit here to learn more about the CDL exam process, or feel free to contact us. Learn more specifically about Oregon’s requirements for commercial driver’s license medical exams and physical qualifications here.
For more general information about CDL requirements for commercial driver’s licenses holders such as getting, renewing, or replacing a commercial driver’s licenses, visit these links:
Hood View Chiropractic Provides Physical Exams in Gresham
Gresham commercial drivers can rely on Hood View Chiropractic for professional, experienced care. In addition to offering the DOT medical exam for CDL requirements, Hood View Chiropractic also specializes in chiropractic care and massage therapy. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled health professionals is foremost dedicated to helping you improve and maintain your best health. We are proud to serve the Gresham area and are eager to help you live a life that is pain-free and stress-free. Contact or call us today at (503) 669-1966.
Hood View Chiropractic. Health by hand.